Auto-Owners Insurance is a mutual insurance company with a simple human sense approach to business. This means we answer the phone because it's ringing, we treat people like they're people, and we believe the right way is the human way. Established in 1916 and headquartered in Lansing, Michigan, we currently operate in 26 states. We partner with independent agencies to sell our products to the communities we serve, and we are consistently acknowledged for our superior customer service. We are proud to have been ranked among the Fortune 500 every year since 2002 and recognized as a Great Place to Work every year since 2016. Find out why working here is more than just a job - apply today! To learn more about our company and career opportunities, visit http://www.auto-owners.com/career-center.
To apply for this role, click here: https://aoins.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/AutoOwners/job/Lansing-MI/Service-Center-Customer-Service-Representative_R_3473-1
This job assists policyholders through the following acts: service property and casualty policies, evaluate policy coverages for cross-selling opportunities, process requests from policyholders within applicable systems, and answer policyholder questions regarding existing business. Work is performed under general supervision.
- Communicate and work with agents, policyholders, and associates at all levels.
- Initiate, review, and answer inquiries from agents and policyholders.
- Accurately answer questions from policyholders ranging from basic to complex questions, in coordination with other departments and divisions as necessary.
- Collect pertinent information from policyholders to determine eligibility for coverage.
- Use currently known and newly obtained information about policyholders, in accordance with Company underwriting guidelines and rules, to recommend and cross sell coverages and policies to policyholders.
- Perform frontline underwriting on policies with various levels of difficulty in accordance with Company underwriting guidelines and rules, on assigned new business applications, renewals, and endorsements.
- Bind coverage for policyholders in accordance with applicable eligibility rules and guidelines.
- Collect pertinent information from policyholders to timely and accurately open claims.
- Make computer inquiries and entries relating to policyholder accounts.
- On assigned policies, communicate and explain non-renewal and cancelation decisions to policyholders and associated agency.
- Maintain resident license required by the Company or statute.
- Study, obtain, and maintain non-resident licenses required by the Company or statue within the timeline established by the Company.
- Work with confidential and/or sensitive information, data, and matters in accordance with Company standards.
- Review department policy and procedural changes and assist with implementing the changes.
- Maintain punctual attendance in accordance with assigned work schedule at a Company approved work location.
Desired Skills & Experience
Associate’s degree or several years of related experience and/or training is required. This requirement may be waived or changed, at Company discretion, by prior education and/or experience. A minimum of three years of experience as a licensed Property and Casualty Customer Service Representative or a minimum of one year of experience as an Associate Service Center Customer Service Representative is required. An active Property and Casualty license in good standing and ability to obtain the necessary non-resident licenses needed to complete assigned work is required. These requirements may be waived or changed, at company discretion, by prior education and/or experience.
Auto-Owners offers a wide range of career opportunities, and we are seeking talent that will help us continue our long tradition of success. We offer a friendly work environment, structured training program, employee mentoring and an excellent compensation/benefits package. Along with a competitive base salary, matched 401(k), fully-funded pension plan (once vested), and bonus programs, Auto-Owners also provides generous paid time off including holidays, vacation days, personal time, and sick leave. If you're looking to do rewarding work alongside great people, Auto-Owners is the place for you!
Equal Employment Opportunity
Auto-Owners Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. The Company hires, transfers, and promotes on the basis of ability, without consideration of disability, age, sex, race, color, religion, height, weight, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, or any factor contrary to federal, state or local law.
*Please note that the ability to work in the U.S. without current or future sponsorship is a requirement.
Related Links : https://aoins.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/AutoOwners/job/Lansing-MI/Service-Center-Customer-Service-Representative_R_3473-1
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Associate Degree
Experience Level : Entry Level
Job Function : Customer Service, Administrative