Assertive Community Treatment Coordinator
Assertive Community Treatment Coordinator
Organization: Community Mental Health Authority of Clinton, Eaton, and Ingham Counties
Location: Lansing, MI
Under the general supervision of the Supervisor, Adult Mental Health Services, administers, coordinates, and provides leadership for the Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) team. The ACT team consists of a multi-disciplinary staff, providing comprehensive case management services with consumers who have a history of psychiatric hospitalizations and consumers who may need multiple service needs, 7 days a week with 24 hour availability. Services are provided on an outreach basis with persons living in the community and needing intensive outreach support. The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the supervision of the ACT staff; monitoring treatment planning, clinical records and client services; providing direct services to program consumers, and acting as a community liaison. Responsible for carrying out all activities of the program/sub-unit in such a manner that fulfills CMHA-CEI’s mission, policies and procedures.
• Responsible for daily functioning of unit.
• Provides leadership, clinical and administrative supervision to assigned staff.
• Makes authoritative recommendations regarding the hiring, training, discipline and termination of staff.
• Evaluates the work performance of staff and sets work performance objectives for staff which are designed to accomplish component goals. Depending on area of assignment, will supervise peer work evaluation process.
• Coordinates and assures adequate training for all assigned staff.
• Assures clinical services and documentation standards set by Community Mental Health Authority, other credentialing bodies and funding agencies are met.
• Monitors administrative paperwork and ensures compliance with agency policies (e.g., time cards, travel vouchers, purchase orders, petty cash funds).
• Monitors staff and unit productivity, reimbursements, and consumer outcomes and ensures that they meet agreed upon goals.
• Monitors unit budget and the utilization of unit resources and may provide input in budget development.
• Provides and/or coordinate services to consumers and families, and is responsible for completing all necessary paperwork on a timely basis.
• Monitors contracts for service for quality of care, compliance to regulations and budget.
• Provides leadership in assessing consumers with complex needs and formulating effective treatment plans in a cooperative manner across units and programs.
• Participates in a 24-hour on-call system as part of a specific unit or as part of a multi-unit on-call system.
• May supervise students and/or volunteers and coordinate their activities.
• Participate in diagnostic conferences, case consultations, agency-wide work groups, and committees. At times may be in a lead role.
• Maintains productivity standards relative to the requirements of the position.
• Responsible for knowledge of and adherence to all Community Mental Health Authority policies and procedures, the Michigan Mental Health Code, and the Department of Community Health Rules. Ensures compliance with relevant federal and state laws and regulations governing Community Mental Health Authority operations.
• Conducts staff meetings, to disseminate information, such as, but not limited to, policy and program modifications, and receives input from staff on administrative and programming issues.
• Assists in the development of new programs, services and special projects.
• Depending on area of assignment, will participate in screening and placement of consumers.
• May conduct administrative investigations.
• Authorizes special needs purchases for consumers.
• May participate in new home development through neighborhood canvassing and meetings.
• Establishes and maintains appropriate working relationships with the Board of Directors, consumers, staff, outside agencies, companies, vendors, etc.
• Responsible for knowledge about consumer recipient rights and procedures governing them.
• Responsible for the knowledge, and adherence to, all Community Mental Health Authority policies and procedures.
• Observes all rules of confidentiality as it relates to consumer information, both internally and in dealing with outside individuals and/or agencies.
• Maintains an acceptable level of attendance and work performance.
• Will perform all other essential job duties as assigned.
• Depending on area of assignment and classification, essential duties and responsibilities will vary for each coordinator in Adult Mental Health Services.
• Responsible for knowledge of motivational enhancing communication techniques and stages theory of change.
• May participate in a management 24-hour on-call system, which may also include holidays and weekends.
• Possession of a Master's degree in Social Work, Psychology, or related field from an accredited college or university required. Depending on area of assignment, a Bachelor's degree in Nursing may be acceptable.
• Three (3) years of work experience with individuals with mental illness.
• At least one (1) year of work experience in a lead position or progressively more responsible position.
• Possession of appropriate State of Michigan credential is required.
• Possession of a valid Michigan driver's license is required.
• ACT Team experience sought after.
• Demonstrates working knowledge of diagnoses for assigned population.
• Displays knowledge of growth and development and its applied relevance to the behavior of assigned population and is able to gather and interpret data in relation to the consumer’s age.
• Demonstrates knowledge of the cultural need, range of treatment needed and the available treatment resources and their appropriate use for children diagnosed with mental illness.
• Able to structure activities and coordinate the use of resources in a way that maximizes productivity and efficiency, while maintaining high ethical standards.
• Takes charge and initiates action, directs and motivates the activities of others toward the accomplishment of meaningful goals.
• Interacts with others in ways that enhance understanding and respect, develops smooth working relationships, and deals effectively and productively with conflict.
• Sends and receives information clearly, accurately and effectively, both verbally and in writing. Utilizes motivational enhancing communication techniques within stages of change framework.
• Responds appropriately and confidently to the demands of work challenges when confronted with change, ambiguity, adversity or other pressures.
• Establishes high performance standards and works hard to attain those standards. Takes initiative, and demonstrates commitment to ongoing professional growth.
• Able to process information to: recognize problems and solutions, make timely and sound decisions, draw accurate conclusions from financial and numerical material, develop original and successful approaches, and efficiently process detailed information.
• Ability to develop, organize and implement work plans for one's self and assigned staff.
• Demonstrated leadership and good judgment skills required.
• Must be able to accurately and effectively communicate in verbal and written form.
• Must be familiar with computers.
Related Links : https://hiringsolutionsllc.com/openings/Assertive_Community_Treatment_Coordinator_263
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Masters
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : ""