Statements included in this description are intended to reflect in general the duties and responsibilities of this classification and are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive.
DEPARTMENT: PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
JOB TITLE: ASSISTANT COMMERCIAL PROPERTY MANAGER
JOB LOCATION: GEORGE F. EYDE FAMILY, LLC MAIN OFFICE
JOB SUMMARY/MISSION: Under the direction of the Director of Asset Management, the Assistant Commercial Property Manager assists the Director of Asset Management in the management of all commercial and residential entities. He/ she supervises staff and is responsible for the lease administration of all commercial and residential entities. This person must be detail-oriented, accurate and thorough. Day-to-day responsibilities include but are not limited to assisting with building operations, compliancy, reporting, requests, tenant relations, leases, budgeting, accounting, monthly/ quarterly/ annual reporting, and collections. In addition to computer work, there is interaction with the public over the phone, in person and via email. Therefore, this person must possess good communication skills.
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR OF ASSET MANAGEMENT
DIRECT REPORTS: 2 – Commercial Lease Administrator, Senior Commercial Property Coordinator
-Supervision of Staff
*Manage, coach, and develop a strong Commercial Property team, including regular team meetings, one-on-one growth, and disciplinary action, as necessary.
*Provide direction to all staff as needed.
*Approve all time off
* Perform 90 day evaluations and annual reviews as necessary
*Administers disciplinary actions according to policy as necessary
*Train staff and review procedures as necessary
- Oversee and manage Property Management Software (Timberline/ Sage), including vendor relationship, interacting with Accounting, and suggesting changes when applicable.
* Back up Commercial Lease Administrators and Residential Lease Administrators with complex leases and during time off.
*Train all staff on Property Management Software (Timberline/ Sage) functions, both on an initial and ongoing basis.
*Accurately review all leases input into Property Management Software (Timberline/ Sage)
*Troubleshoot all Property Management module issues in Property Management Software (Timberline/ Sage)
- Assist the Director of Asset Management with the preparation, assembly, review, and implementation of the annual operating and capital budgets, as well as operating expense reconciliations CAM.
-Assist with the coordination and presenting of the annual budget for Ownership approval and assist with the implementation of the annual budget.
- Approval of all Payables
*Review general ledger coding and correct as necessary
- Conduct routine property inspections to prevent/ identify problems and exposures then coordinate with Director of Asset Management to resolve issues. Schedule monthly, quarterly, and annual inspections.
-Inspect vacant units for market readiness prior to leasing tour and/ or move-in. Inspect for property damage after move-out.
-Support Leasing Team with prospect calls as need
-Attend and Coordinate Meetings
*Organize and conduct regular Property Management meetings, as well as Maintenance Supervisor Meetings.
*Attend Construction and Sales Meetings, and relay applicable information to Property Management team.
*Create reports as necessary for upper management
*Review rent rolls and delinquency reports on a monthly basis
*Monthly Vacancy Report
*Accurately audit tenant ledgers and make corrections as necessary
- Tenant Complaints
*Meeting with tenants and document their complaints and give information to Director of Asset Management
*Respond to tenants regarding their complaints as necessary
*Create and publish marketing materials, including flyers, emails, etc.
*Maintain and update company website, LoopNet, etc.
-Act as backup for staff during time off
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in Commercial Property Management with multiple entities.
-Strong computer skills. Knowledge in property management software applications such as Property Management Software (Timberline/ Sage) and Microsoft 365 a plus.
-Ability to communicate well with the public verbally and via email.
-This position is located within the company office at an assigned desk. There is some off side travel. Heavy computer work.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Administrative