At ASK, we firmly believe in the power of technology and the great potential it has to help companies grow, improve inefficiencies, and become a driving force. We approach sales in a consultative and educational fashion. Our sales methodology is focused on our core values and doing what is best for our clients. If you’re looking to make a quick buck and sell widgets – that’s not us. We believe that building strong relationships and looking at the big picture through our Technology Alignment Process.
ASK recently announced our merger with Convergence Networks / Grade A. Read the full announcement here.
The Business Development Specialist will work directly with prospective clients, our onboarding Virtual Chief Information Officer, internal Team Leaders, technical staff, and office administration team members to prospect and integrate new clients to the ASK team. This collaboration will ensure a smooth sales process and new customer onboarding experience. As this is a fast-paced, detail-oriented position, you must be comfortable working with people at various technical skill levels across various industries. The Business Development Specialist will also act as a representative of the company in Association membership roles, networking events, both during and after business hours, as well as tradeshows, educational and not-for-profit events. As a Business Development Specialist your input will influence the design and workflow of our Sales & Marketing Processes. If you enjoy helping people, problem-solving, technology, managing your time wisely, and are seeking a long-term sales career path, the Business Development Specialist position is perfect for you.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- You will create new prospective customer opportunities through outbound communication efforts, social media engagement through LinkedIn, direct phone calls, attending events, and participating in company marketing efforts.
- The nature of this role is fast-paced, so you should expect that most of your time will be spent cultivating new opportunities. However, you will be working to accomplish this while primarily working remotely. This position does require the ability to travel and attend in-person meetings, even during COVID. Please know that we adhere to strict safety protocols to help ensure the well-being of our staff and those that we interact with.
- Educate prospective customers about our Managed IT Service plans, our company mission, and purpose, the company values, as well as walking prospects through our sales process and coordinating with key internal staff along the journey.
- Document and follow up on important actions and decisions from internal and prospect meetings and preparing necessary presentation materials for meetings.
- Update and track all activities, timesheets, and sales opportunity progress within our CRM system.
- Keep up to date on industry-related news and technology changes, especially those related to the core Microsoft products and services.
- Modify and present proposals and presentations for prospective customers.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of business and technology challenges related to our target customer profile.
- Work collaboratively with the Onboarding virtual Chief Information Officer to assess the prospects’ technical alignment with our Product Catalog standards as well as cultural alignment with service expectations.
- Have the ability, and responsibility, for creating and managing relationships with local PartnershipWorks companies, understanding their value proposition as well as general scope of services/product offering to assist with solving other prospective customer challenges.
- Focus on meeting quarterly quotas of net new Managed IT Services opportunities.
- Self-starter, self-motivated, and a can-do attitude.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, adaptable, and have strong consultative selling skills.
- You possess patience, empathy, confidence, and customer service skills such as active listening and the ability to match services with technical issues. You will be working with a myriad of businesses, technologies, applications, and personalities.
- Ability to speak in public and present well.
- Work effectively within a team as well as independently.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess talented interpersonal abilities to build rapport with potential prospects and teammates alike.
- Have a strong sense of initiative and ownership of your work.
- Exceptional follow-through skills.
- Work productively and complete assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
- Experience using Microsoft Teams, Zoom, and Microsoft Office products such as Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- A background in Managed IT Services is preferred.
- Basic understanding of project management methodology.
- Working knowledge of how CRM systems function and can adapt that to ours.
- Understanding of Business Finance as it relates to operational expense versus capital expense.
- Have a general understanding of cybersecurity, networking, network equipment, and cloud applications.
Experience & Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2+ years of experience in a services sales role or other recurring services, IT is a plus.
- Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- A commitment to a high professional ethical standard and individual integrity.
- A bachelor’s degree in business or related field of study is a plus.
- This position requires standing, walking, sitting, using hands, seeing, reaching, talking, and hearing. May need to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Some after-hours work will be required.
How often will I get formal feedback on how well I’m doing?
- 90-day, six-month, and annual (12-month) performance reviews, with yearly reviews being a performance and salary review.
- You will have a monthly 1:1 meeting with your Team Leader.
- You and your Team Leader will work to establish Performance review goals.
How often will ASK get feedback on how we are doing for you?
- You will receive a 60-day check-in after your start date to ensure that we have correctly set you up for success; how was our onboarding process? Did we show you everything you needed to know to do your job well, or did we miss something? You will have an opportunity to share this so we can course-correct as needed and refine our process for future employees.
- You will also receive an annual stay interview to offer unfiltered, honest feedback in a 100% safe environment. We use this data to make sure we keep doing what is going well for our Team and find ways to keep improving ourselves.
- Your Team Leader will have regularly scheduled 1:1 meeting to discuss how things are going, so you’ll never be left wondering.
- The Leadership Team regularly takes employees out to lunch, even if you don’t report to them! We want all employees to have a healthy relationship with leadership, and what better way than to break bread.
- 100% open-door policy to all leadership and Human Resources. Feel free to walk in anytime and share your feedback.
- Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Holidays
- Professional Development
- Health or Fitness Membership Reimbursement
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Medical Reimbursement Plan
- Retirement plan
ASK is a world-class provider of best-of-breed IT hardware, software, services, and cybersecurity solutions. Our combination of personalized customer attention, technical excellence, and project efficiency has resulted in our reputation as a leading provider of technical solutions in the Midwest. ASK’s methodology of “The Three Pillars of Technology” equips organizations to have a balanced IT and business infrastructure around managed services, disaster recovery, and cybersecurity.
The ASK staff is a team of hand-selected professionals who understand what it takes to serve our customers’ needs. We offer up-to-the-minute proficiency in the computer/IT industries, strong customer service values, and a genuine interest in working with our customers.
ASK also cares deeply for the Greater Lansing community. As one of our core values, we make it a priority to give back to the community through our time and resources. ASK Cares provides opportunities for our staff members to reach out to the larger community to invest their time, talents, and resources to make a difference in the lives of others.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : High School, Associate Degree, Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Entry Level, Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Sales