POSITIONS STARTING AT $16.00 AN HOUR!! PLUS UP TO $1,000 SIGN ON BONUS BEING OFFERED!!!
Burcham Hills is an upscale senior living retirement community located in the backyard of Michigan State University in East Lansing, MI. We currently have a vacancy for a Caregiver to work a Full or Part Time schedule. Hiring for all shifts. In this position a Caregiver will be responsible for providing assigned residents with routine activities of daily living and services in accordance with the resident’s care plan, and as directed by supervision, in addition to but not limited to the following duties:
- Assist residents with daily oral, eye and ear care, toileting/bathing, dressing/undressing and other hygiene or daily activity functions according to care plan. Change dressings, bandages, bedding etc., and take vitals as instructed.
- Assist with transporting residents, as necessary. Assist with lifting, turning, moving, positioning and transporting into and out of beds, chairs, bathtubs, wheelchairs, lifts, according to care plan and/or standards.
- Answer resident calls promptly and check on them frequently.
- Assist with care of dying resident and provide post-mortem care, as instructed.
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest and positive emphasis, as well as a calm, safe environment throughout the shift.
- Assist with housekeeping, meal serving and ensure room comfort.
- Maintain an effective, friendly working relationship with health professionals, physicians, consultants, and family members.
If you like to smile, enjoy providing exceptional hospitality, and want to work in a fun and rewarding environment where you are positively affecting the lives of seniors, we want to hear from you!
Qualifications: Experience in geriatrics, and with Dementia and Alzheimer's preferred. Ability to deal tactfully and communicate with team members, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public with patience and a cheerful disposition. Ability to work extended or flexible hours, as necessary. Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend written and oral instructions in English. Willingness to handle difficult situations involving residents. You must be able to work independently as well as a part of a highly productive team.
PERKS OUTSIDE OF THE PAYCHECK:
- Senior advocacy
- Rewarding hospitality driven environment
- Growth opportunities
- Diverse culture
- Open door atmosphere
- Option to be paid daily
- Discounted employee meals
- Free parking
- Employee Assistance Program to all employees
- Eligible for benefits as of the 91st day of employment if Full Time
- Employee recognition programs
- Beautiful, resort-like campus on 38 acres
- Join an exceptional team!
Many roles at Burcham Hills may require that we ask about your vaccination status. This could include MMR, chicken pox, hepatitis, flu and COVID-19 vaccine status. Please note that all employees are required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or apply for and receive an approved exemption, as a condition of employment.
EEO & E-verify employer.
Related Links : https://burchamhills.com/careers/
Job Type : ""
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : ""