Burcham Hills is an upscale senior living retirement community located in the backyard of Michigan State University in East Lansing, MI. We currently have a vacancy for a Dining Manager to work a Full-Time schedule. In this position a Dining Manager is responsible ensuring quality customer service, and customer satisfaction which meets or exceeds Resident and guest expectations. Includes courteous and efficient service of food which is nutritious, attractive, and enjoyable. Oversees operation and coordination of the dining program and appearance of dining areas in support of Burcham Hills mission, vision, and goals and in addition but not limited to:
- Oversee coordination of daily food service for the dining program for meals, holidays and special events.
- Interpret and explain the menu, refer or answer questions, coordinate meal service process and respond to requests.
- Regularly interact with residents to evaluate satisfaction with dining service.
- Coordinate with Supervisors to oversee job assignment to ensure dining standards are met.
- Round with staff and supervisors frequently, monitor and spot check work areas and delivery of service.
- Remain survey ready at all times, ensuring compliance for physical appearance, cleanliness and sanitation, safety, service, and staffing levels per current federal, state and local regulations.
- Maintain pertinent and accurate records, reports, schedules and studies as required by local, state and federal regulations and as otherwise requested.
- Maintain up-to-date resident diets and menu information for meal service; timely communicate all changes.
- Ensure menus are copied and distributed to dining areas and residents.
- Oversee Food and Dining Committee Meetings
- Assist with hiring and orienting, as well as ongoing training and development for supervisors and employees.
- Evaluate performance and provide performance feedback frequently; conduct retention interviews and annual performance reviews.
- Monitor staff turnover and retention; implement action items to reduce turnover and support retention.
- Oversee scheduling for dining personnel; provide coverage in the absence of scheduled dining room personnel.
If you like to smile, enjoy providing exceptional hospitality, and want to work in a fun and rewarding environment where you are positively affecting the lives of seniors, we want to hear from you!
Qualifications: A minimum of two years’ supervisory experience in “front of the house operations” within restaurant, hotel, club or similar institution. Experience in customer service management, cost control, food management and diet therapy required. ServSafe Food, Allergen and Alcohol Certified (or ability to obtain after hire). Prefer Post-Secondary Education in hospitality management or dining room operations. Prefer experience with life plan community. Ability to deal tactfully and communicate with team members, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public with patience and a cheerful disposition. Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend written and oral instructions in English. Ability to work flexible schedule, including weekends, holidays and extended hours as necessary.
PERKS OUTSIDE OF THE PAYCHECK:
- Senior advocacy
- Rewarding hospitality driven environment
- Growth opportunities
- Diverse culture
- Open door atmosphere
- Option to be paid daily
- Discounted employee meals
- Free parking
- Employee Assistance Program to all employees
- Eligible for benefits as of the 91st day of employment if Full Time
- Employee recognition programs
- Beautiful, resort-like campus on 38 acres
- Join an exceptional team!
Many roles at Burcham Hills may require that we ask about your vaccination status. This could include MMR, chicken pox, hepatitis, flu and COVID-19 vaccine status. Please note that all employees are required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or apply for and receive an approved exemption, as a condition of employment.
EEO & E-verify employer.
Related Links : www.burchamhills.com/careers
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : High School
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Customer Service