Director of Business Operations
Director of Business Operations
Organization: Ingham Intermediate School District
Location: Mason, MI
Pay Range: $86,460 - $114,640
Under the general supervision of the Assistant Superintendent, Finance & Business, is responsible for the coordination of accounting and auditing, accounts payable, accounts receivable, purchasing, finance system management, property tax information, and coordination of budget development and monitoring.
- Responsible for coordinating accounting and general ledger functions, supervising all accounts receivable, accounts payable and purchasing activities, financial reporting and assisting in the completion of financial audits and external monitoring.
- Coordinates budget development, monitors budget activity, provides oversight of payroll and benefit budgets and allocations, presents budget information, and provides training to administrators and staff.
- Responsible for property tax management, including taxable value reconciliations, reporting, allocation of tax revenue, and monitoring of revenue and balance sheet accounts
- Responsible for project and consortium accounting, monitoring, and district/ISD payments
- Oversees fixed asset record keeping and audit information.
- Prepares financial analyses, conducts trainings and makes presentations of financial information.
- Continually evaluates internal controls and systems/procedures to ensure effective and appropriate financial management.
- Directs and supervises assigned Business Office staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Assistant Superintendent of Finance and Business.
- The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in accounting. CPA preferred.
- Minimum three to five years progressively more responsible accounting experience. Experience in a school environment is preferred.
- Michigan School Business Official certification preferred.
Skills/Knowledge/Abilities (SKA) Required:
- Demonstrated skills with supervisory functions including but not limited to appraisal, team building, continuous improvement, data driven decision making, problem solving and conflict management.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skill and experience in working with financial data and complex financial calculation and formulas. Makes decisions based upon data gathered, interpreted and integrated from multiple sources.
- Demonstrated ability to learn, understand and apply complex statutes, rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Leadership skills to effectively direct and support ISD and constituent district staff within areas of responsibilities.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills in effective communication to better work with ISD, constituent district staff and other external contracts.
- Ability to organize work in order to efficiently meet deadlines and assigned tasks.
- Advanced skills in the use of technology to create complex spreadsheets and databases, enter and manipulate data and generate reports/documents.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including effective presentation skills
- Ability to understand systems and has experience with process development and improvement.
- Demonstrated leadership and experience in proposal development and project management.
- Demonstrated consultation, training and facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to understand needs of our constituency and program administrators to find funding sources and grant programs to address needs.
To apply to this position, please submit a resume and cover letter here:
Related Links : https://hiringsolutionsllc.com/msbo/Director_of_Business_Operations_270
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Director
Job Function : ""