FINANCE & OPERATIONS MANAGER
FINANCE & OPERATIONS MANAGER
The Finance & Operations Manager is a key leadership role responsible for overseeing the day-to-day finances and operations of the Lansing Regional Chamber of Commerce. The position works closely with the President & CEO and other members of the Leadership Team to develop and implement operational strategies that support the Chamber’s growth, profitability and strategic goals. This role requires a strategic thinker with strong leadership skills and has responsibilities for management of information technology systems, human resources and general administrative management.
Financial and Accounting Management
- Responsible for the development and management of all accounting policies for the Lansing Regional Chamber, Lansing Regional Development Foundation, LRC Political Action Committee and Mid-Michigan Business Travel Coalition
- Prepare and monitor budgets including long-range financial forecast in a collaborative approach with the leadership team
- Implement and monitor internal accounting processes and controls
- Prepare monthly financials and cash flow analysis
- Ensure timely monthly bank and credit card reconciliations
- Oversee and make recommendations on reserve investment strategies
- Record all receipts and reimbursement, reconciliation of daily balances and daily deposits
- Monitor payable and receivables documentation including membership invoices
- Preparation of check processing, month end worksheets, general ledger balances, accounts receivables, accounts payable and pre-paid accounts
- Prepare bi-monthly payroll
- Serve as the staff liaison to the Audit Finance Committee and professional accounting firm
- Schedule, coordinate and complete necessary financial documents for the annual audit
- Prepare documents, reports and information to support statements of financial position, assets, liabilities, reserve investment funds as well as tax documents, lobbying and other disclosures
Human Resource Administration
- Responsible for the development, recommendation and implementation of employee benefit programs, policies and evaluation system
- Maintain employee policy manual
- General knowledge of employment law
- Develop partner strategies with Chamber vendors to develop and maintain phone and computer systems, CRM software and other related IT Systems that support the Chamber’s operations
RECOMMENDED EMPLOYMENT QUALIFICATIONS
Education: This position requires knowledge equivalent to that which normally would be acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in Accounting or Finance.
Experience: This position requires a minimum 5 years of professional and management experience in Accounting or Finance. Preferred experience in a membership or business association organization.
Management Responsibility: This position does have management responsibility
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, financial analysis and reporting
- Excellent leadership and team management skills
- Proficiency in accounting software and systems
- Strategic thinker with ability to problem solve
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external colleagues
- Committed to upholding high ethical and professional standards
- Strong detail orientation
Creative and collaborative environment. Member focused and solution driven organization. Small but mighty team, Full time position located in professional office in the Stadium District of downtown Lansing. Hybrid work schedule allows for remote work on designated days.
About the Lansing Regional Chamber of Commerce
The Lansing Regional Chamber of Commerce works relentlessly to help businesses connect, grow, and thrive. For more than 120 years, the Chamber has served as the voice of the Lansing region’s business community. We are a trusted and transformational business leader, ensuring sustained prosperity for businesses and enriching our diverse communities. More information about the Chamber and its programs and services can be found online at lansingchamber.org, Facebook (@LansingChamber), Instagram (@lansingregionalchamber), Twitter (@LansingChamber), and LinkedIn.
The Lansing Regional Chamber of Commerce is committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) and achieving our mission while building an equitable and inclusive organization that represents all businesses and people. We work diligently to transform our region, businesses, colleagues, and communities to propel DEI efforts forward. At LRCC, we drive innovative thinking, cultivate diverse ideas, and advocate collaboration among our members and partners. Each day our goal is to ensure that our DEI values influence our members, stakeholders, and region as we listen, learn, and grow through an equity lens.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resume and cover letter outlining qualifications and experience to email@example.com.
The Lansing Regional Chamber of Commerce is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Finance