DBI Business Interiors – Lansing, MI
DBI BUSINESS INTERIORS POSITION DESCRIPTION
POSITION TITLE: Interior Designer
REPORTS TO: Interior Design Manager
DATE: JULY 25, 2022
Responsible for creating interior space plans from concept to completion for all types of furniture from panel systems to free-standing case goods. Acts as the Project Manager once the design is established and is responsible for implementing that design by collaborating with the client, purchasing, sales, management, installation department, and warehouse personnel.
• Meets quality and quantity (productivity) standards established by DBI.
• Responsible for the programming and development of block plans, furniture plans, and furniture specifications to meet client expectations.
• Creates, first checks, and double checks each plan to ensure accuracy of the final specification including SIF files and drawings.
• Verifies site measurements to ensure integrity of overall design and compliance with code. Updates drawing(s) based on on-site recordings.
• Instrumental in assisting clients to select the correct product(s), fabrics, and finishes, and creating digital or physical presentation boards as required.
• Responsible for the checking order acknowledgements against the original specifications to aid in minimizing potential errors.
• Works with the Project Coordination team to prepare and send the proposal packet(s) to the client.
• Coordinates the install with the Installation Manager. Assembles detailed installation packs to ensure smooth project execution.
• Responsible for the immediate follow-up of punch list items to speed up any service notification and corrective action orders necessary for the completion of each project.
• Maintains project schedules and communicates timeline and status updates to affected internal and external team members
• Interacts with clients to satisfy needs and deadlines, utilizing effective organizational and prioritization skills.
• Travel is required and varies depending on client and location.
• Internal contacts – Works with DBI leadership team, Project Coordinators, Installation Manager, Installers, Sales and Warehouse personnel.
• External contacts – frequent contact with DBI clients, the Haworth market manager, Haworth project managers, and outside contractors.
Minimum of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited Design program. Experience in commercial design and office furniture systems product. NCIDQ certification or working toward certification is a plus. Professional affiliations such as ASID, AIA, IFMA or IIDA is encouraged. Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work as a member of a project team or independently. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. A strong working knowledge of AutoCAD 2018 is essential as well as a basic knowledge of MS Office. Must understand commercial building codes and construction; and have a grasp of design and building processes. Must also possess a strong work ethic, time-management, take initiative, demonstrate strong problem-solving skills, and the ability to work well in a professional environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by anyone assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Job Type: Full-time
• Dental insurance
• Employee discount
• Flexible spending account
• Health insurance
• Health savings account
• Paid time off
• Vision insurance
• 8 hour shift
• Monday to Friday
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Not Applicable
Job Function : ""