Litigation Attorney - Hybrid/Remote
Litigation Attorney - Hybrid/Remote
Organization: Fahey Schultz Burzych Rhodes PLC
Location: Okemos, MI - Hybrid/Remote
Pay Range: Commensurate with experience
The firm has a growing litigation practice in the Firm’s core areas of practice: municipal law, labor and employment law, and general commercial/business litigation. The Litigation Attorney is responsible for managing and handling client litigation matters and should have the abilities to act as lead counsel in any litigation matter. This work includes but is not limited to filing complaints or answers, motion practice, discovery, negotiations towards settlement, and acting as first chair in any motion or trial, as well as appeals that may result.
About the Firm:
FAHEY SCHULTZ BURZYCH RHODES PLC (“FSBR”) was founded in 2008 and is a growing law firm located in Okemos, Michigan. This firm fulfills the legal needs of municipalities, businesses, employers, and public utilities in Michigan.
The culture at FSBR is rooted in a genuine respect for, and camaraderie with one another. FSBR is more than just a job or a steppingstone—it is a place where both attorneys and administrative staff alike come to build a long and meaningful career. FSBR offers a supportive, motivating, and inclusive work environment that individuals desire to be a part of. We celebrate individual and firm performances, and collaboratively work together to overcome challenges. Firm leadership is supportive of team members in their aspirations, goals, and remains personally invested in promoting individual professional development. While we certainly put an emphasis on hard work and excellence, we also value family, friendships, a prospering community, and a good quality of life.
We employ a talented and experienced legal team with an emphasis on maintaining our firm culture. Our firm is not only committed to providing high-quality legal expertise to our clients, but also providing a comprehensive benefits package and competitive compensation for our team members.
- Provides legal counsel to clients prelitigation.
- Manages and/or drafts all pleadings, motions, briefs, discovery requests or answers, and all other materials related to processing a piece of litigation through the judicial, agency, or arbitration process.
- Conducts depositions and other discovery.
- Negotiates settlement, engages in mediation or other alternative dispute resolution processes.
- Tries as first chair/lead counsel litigation cases in court, agency, or arbitration venues.
- Provides legal counsel to clients during and post litigation order.
- Other duties as assigned by the firm.
- The position requires knowledge acquired through the completion of a Juris Doctor (JD) from an accredited law school.
- Member of the State Bar of Michigan
- This position requires a minimum of ten (10) years of related job experience or expertise in litigation, with first chair/lead counsel experience.
Skills/Knowledge/Abilities (SKA) Required:
Knowledge of Michigan and federal court rules and rules of civil procedure.
Knowledge and experience managing litigation matters as first chair/lead counsel in various venues, such as court, agency, or arbitration.
Must be detail-oriented, well-organized, and possess a solid work ethic.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Excellent inter- and intra-personal skills.
Ability to adhere to deadlines in a high-pressure environment.
Ability to make well-reasoned recommendations and keep necessary stakeholders informed.
Ability to independently handle basic and complex legal matters.
Hiring Solutions LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, Hiring Solutions LLC complies with applicable state and local
laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Related Links : https://hiringsolutionsllc.com/openings/Litigation_Attorney_265
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Doctoral
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : ""