POSITIONS STARTING AT $17.50 AN HOUR!! UP TO $2,000 SIGN ON BONUS BEING OFFERED!!!
Burcham Hills is an upscale senior living retirement community located in the backyard of Michigan State University in East Lansing, MI. We currently have vacancies for a Medication Aide/Caregiver to work a Full or Part Time schedule. Hiring for 1st or 2nd shifts. In this position a Medication Aide/Caregiver will be responsible for providing residents with non-skilled nursing services in accordance with physician’s orders in administration of medications and treatments. Provide assigned residents with routine daily nursing care and services in accordance with the resident’s assessment and care plan, and as directed by supervision, in addition to but not limited to the following duties:
- Administer medications and treatments as defined in medication procedure and according to the Medication Administration Record (MAR). Exhibit understanding of and follow medication policies and procedures.
- Monitor response to existing treatment plans, aware of prominent medication interactions and side effects; monitors residents for occurrence of such and notifies nurse.
- Maintain residents’ records daily in a timely manner and in accordance with BHRC policy and procedure. This includes documentation related to: medication distribution, leisure activities; incidents and observations; charting any changes in resident’s physical condition and/or behaviors, visitors, etc. Observes and documents the health and emotional condition of each resident, promptly reporting all changes to the supervisor.
- Assist with transporting residents, as necessary. Assist with lifting, turning, moving, positioning and transporting into and out of beds, chairs, bathtubs, wheelchairs, lifts, according to care plan and/or standards.
- Assist residents with daily oral, eye and ear care, toileting / bathing, dressing/undressing and other hygiene or daily activity functions according to care plan. Change dressings, bandages, binders, bedding etc., as instructed.
If you like to smile, enjoy providing exceptional hospitality, and want to work in a fun and rewarding environment where you are positively affecting the lives of seniors, we want to hear from you!
Qualifications: Minimum of 3 months related experience and/or training in direct service with older adults, or equivalent combination of education and experience. CNA or nursing coursework completed is preferred. Knowledge of dementia, particularly Alzheimer’s type is helpful. Ability to work extended or flexible hours, as necessary. Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend written and oral instructions in English. Willingness to handle difficult situations involving residents. You must be able to work independently as well as a part of a highly productive team.
PERKS OUTSIDE OF THE PAYCHECK:
- Senior advocacy
- Rewarding hospitality driven environment
- Growth opportunities
- Diverse culture
- Open door atmosphere
- Option to be paid daily
- Discounted employee meals
- Free parking
- Employee Assistance Program to all employees
- Eligible for benefits as of the 91st day of employment if Full Time
- Employee recognition programs
- Beautiful, resort-like campus on 38 acres
- Join an exceptional team!
Many roles at Burcham Hills may require that we ask about your vaccination status. This could include MMR, chicken pox, hepatitis, flu and COVID-19 vaccine status. Please note that all employees are required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or apply for and receive an approved exemption, as a condition of employment.
EEO & E-verify employer.
Related Links : https://burchamhills.com/careers/
Job Type : ""
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : ""