$8,000 SIGN ON BONUS BEING OFFERED!!!
Burcham Hills is an upscale senior living retirement community located in the backyard of Michigan State University in East Lansing, MI. We currently have a vacancy for a Nurse Manager- Registered Nurse (RN) to work a Full-Time schedule on our Long-Term Care Unit. In this position a Nurse Manager-RN will be responsible to manage the long-term care nursing unit to ensure nursing staff is appropriately providing resident medical care and treatment for all clients in accordance with regulatory compliance and Burcham Hills Policy, Procedure and Protocol, in addition to but not limited to the following duties:
- Evaluate the nursing care that is being provided to each client and modify the care plan as needed, to achieve measurable goals and objectives.
- Maintain updated resident assessments/care plans. Evaluate and make recommendations to Director and others, as needed, regarding resident change in condition and/or placement.
- Assist in monitoring the inventory of medications, supplies and equipment to ensure that an adequate supply is on hand and to ensure appropriate dispensation.
- Routine and correction audits to be conducted as directed by the Director of Nursing
- Oversee wound care on assigned residents in conjunction with Burcham Hills Skin and Wound Program and in coordination with the Wound Nurse. Complete weekly wound documentation in the Wound Nurses absence.
- Manages investigations in PCC/Risk Management incident/accident reports. Ensure a root-cause is completed and care plan revisions as indicated.
- Assists in facility reportable investigations as directed.
- Ensure that written policies and procedures that govern day-to-day function of nursing services are complied with.
- Promote team compliance with good knowledge of CMS/State regulations, guidelines, nursing standards of practice and medical best practices.
- Participate in surveys and investigations made by authorized government agencies, and consultants as appropriate.
- Supervises, directs and provides mentorship to nursing personnel on all shifts.
- Participates in staffing, scheduling, counseling, orientation, disciplinary action and evaluation of nursing staff.
- Participate in the interview and hiring process of nursing personal on the unit assigned.
- Collaborate with MDS coordinators to complete resident assessments, analyze clinical data and the update resident care plans as appropriate.
If you like to smile, enjoy providing exceptional hospitality, and want to work in a fun and rewarding environment where you are positively affecting the lives of seniors, we want to hear from you!
Qualifications: Possess a valid and current Registered Nurse-RN nursing license from the State of Michigan. One (1) year clinical experience as a nurse, in an acute care, long term care community with experience in geriatric/rehabilitation, a good understanding of restorative nursing, wound care and wound assessments. At least one (1) year of Management or supervisory experience in health care or a long-term care facility with skilled and support staff is preferred. CPR certification. Ability to work 8-hour shifts and extended or flexible hours, as necessary. Participates in on-call rotation for nights and weekends nurse leadership facility coverage. Basic computer proficiency. Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Demonstrate understanding, patience, tact, respect and courtesy in dealing with resident/client’s, family and visitors. Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend written and oral instructions in English.
PERKS OUTSIDE OF THE PAYCHECK:
- Senior advocacy
- Rewarding hospitality driven environment
- Growth opportunities
- Diverse culture
- Open door atmosphere
- Option to be paid daily
- Discounted employee meals
- Free parking
- Employee Assistance Program to all employees
- Eligible for benefits as of the 91st day of employment if Full Time
- Employee recognition programs
- Beautiful, resort-like campus on 38 acres
- Join an exceptional team!
Many roles at Burcham Hills may require that we ask about your vaccination status. This could include MMR, chicken pox, hepatitis, flu and COVID-19 vaccine status. Please note that all employees are required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or apply for and receive an approved exemption, as a condition of employment.
EEO & E-verify employer.
Related Links : https://burchamhills.com/careers/
Job Type : ""
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : ""