Patient Care Coordinator
Patient Care Coordinator
Orthopaedic Rehab Specialists is looking for full-time patient care coordinators for our physical therapy offices in the Jackson area. We are looking for candidates with an upbeat personality who will provide excellent customer services to patients. Excellent typing and computer skills as well as the ability to multi-task are a must. Good organizational skills and attention to detail are also important qualities. Orthopaedic Rehab strives to provide a fun, family atmosphere for its patients and employees.
Positions supervised: None
It is the responsibility of the patient care coordinator to facilitate patient care through the accurate and efficient collection of patient information and communication with referral sources and therapists. The patient care coordinator creates a welcoming and caring environment that ensures patients will be compliant and view ORS as their physical therapy choice for life.
Specific duties include (but are not limited to):
• Maintain a positive ORS team attitude!
• Greet patients with a smile in a pleasant and welcoming manner, using names and making appropriate eye contact.
• Answer phones in a timely and friendly manner, routing calls appropriately.
• Maintain the privacy of our patients and their treatment while at work and outside of work, following HIPAA guidelines. Ensure that patient information is not easily seen or heard by other patients and visitors.
• Input patient demographic and insurance information into the system accurately and efficiently to facilitate treatment and billing.
• Schedule functional tests in an accurate and timely manner.
• Schedule out all prescribed patient visits at the initial evaluation whenever possible as well as upon the receipt of a prescription extension. Always verify that there is a valid prescription/plan of care and authorization (if needed) when scheduling patients. Understand whether a prescription, plan of care and/or authorization is needed.
• Attempt to balance therapist schedules both individually and with regard to entire clinical staff to maximize efficient and organized treatment and maintain compliance.
• Direct patients with billing questions to the Patient Accounts Services (PAS) Department.
• Contact and reschedule patients who have missed appointments to maximize patient compliance and assist in positive treatment outcomes.
• Collect all copays, coinsurances, and deductible monies from patients at each visit per the guidelines provided by the insurance verification specialists.
• Review worklist and communicate with referral sources regarding plans of care (POCs) and re-evaluations that have not been returned in order to facilitate continued care of patients. Communicate with therapists regarding needs for progress notes and discharges.
Three years of experience as a medical receptionist is required; 5 years is preferred.
Essential Job Functions
• Ability to listen and follow verbal directions.
• Ability to communicate with patients, coworkers, and referral sources in both verbal and written form.
• Ability to accurately and efficiently input patient information into the computer system.
• Ability to manage several tasks at the same time.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Not Applicable
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Customer Service