SBA Funding Coordinator
SBA Funding Coordinator
The SBA Funding Coordinator is responsible for preparing SBA forms and loan closing documents for submission to the SBA and to ensure compliance and adherence to the SBA loan authorization, MCDC policies and the SBA standard operating procedures. Knowledge of commercial lending and SBA lending processes is required to assist in the preparation of this information.
- Applies knowledge of SBA Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) to review the SBA loan authorization and complete all necessary documentation for SBA 504 loan closing file.
- Generates Closing Checklist and coordinates initial kickoff call with borrower, Third Party Lender (TPL) and MCDC Loan Officer.
- Works closely with borrower, TPL, MCDC Loan Officer and attorney to obtain complete closing package.
- Communicates timely and professionally with all parties to ensure a smooth closing process.
- Maintains control over loans in process to detect any potential and/or developing problems and ensure all department managers are informed of the issues.
- Orders UCC/Federal/State/County preliminary lien searches, title commitments and requests from borrower the essential loan documentation as indicated by the SBA Loan authorization, Underwriter and/or MCDC procedures to ensure completeness of loan files.
- Assists in reconciling equity injection and making final verification determination.
- Knowledge and review of AIA contracts, permits, builder's risk and other construction documents.
- Works with MCDC Servicing Team (Construction Coordinator) to ensure smooth handoff on construction and multi- disbursement projects.
- Follow internal audit procedures to ensure file is properly documented and scanned into electronic file system.
- Understands the document collection requirements of each loan type.
- Cross-train others, as assigned.
- Maintains procedural documentation of relevant tasks/responsibilities.
- Prioritizes work according to necessity, complexity and deadlines.
- Demonstrates excellent working knowledge of all systems utilized by the department.
- Works harmoniously and collaboratively with team members to accomplish MCDC objectives.
Other: Assist with other duties as assigned. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.
Education: Associate’s Degree in accounting, business, economics, finance or equivalent combination of education/experience preferred.
Certifications/Licenses: Valid Driver’s License. Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
- Candidate must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to obtain clearance from the U.S. Small Business Administration (fingerprints are required).
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Training and Experience: Minimum of 2 years of prior SBA experience, commercial loan underwriting, financial analysis or portfolio management experience preferred. Extraordinary attention to detail, organization and problem-solving abilities. Successful completion of in-house training program. Ability to work collaboratively in a team and autonomously with little guidance. Displays the confidence and competence to gain/maintain MCDC’s credibility. Takes initiative to learn, develop oneself and see things through from start to finish. Proven interpersonal, communication and computer skills; ability to operate standard office equipment such as computers, copiers, etc.
Related Links : https://insighthrm.applicantpool.com/jobs/805931.html
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Associate Degree
Experience Level : Entry Level
Job Function : Finance, Administrative