At ASK, we firmly believe in the power of technology and the great potential it has to help companies grow, improve inefficiencies, and become a driving force. We approach sales in a consultative and educational fashion. Our sales methodology is focused on our core values and doing what is best for our clients. If you’re looking to make a quick buck and sell widgets – that’s not us. We believe that building strong relationships and looking at the big picture through our Technology Alignment Process.
ASK recently announced our merger with Convergence Networks / Grade A. Read the full announcement here.
In the fast-paced and rapidly growing IT industry, ASK is looking for a Senior Business Development Manager (SBDM). The SBDM is responsible for new sales generation in the primary Michigan markets (Lansing, Grand Rapids, Detroit). One of the primary measurements for success in this position is new Monthly Recurring Revenue and new Professional Services Revenue. As an SBDM, this candidate will be responsible for establishing and managing a funnel, forecast, and sales process to ensure successful achievement of targets and goals.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Establishes, develops, and maintains business relationships with prospective clients
- Manages business and pipeline development
- Identifies and nurtures potential new business relationships
- Converts marketing leads to clients
- Identifies industry trends and client needs to create new and expanded market solutions
- Use of cold-calling, cold-emailing, networking, and other sales tactics to secure new business conversations
- Works with all divisional leaders and Director of Sales to execute the overall business development plan
- Tracks key metrics to ensure achievement of targets in each line of business
- Manages forecast and sales processes
- Report weekly to the leadership team on achievement of metrics
Experience & Skills:
Must-Have Experience & Skills:
- 5-7 years experience in direct business development/ B2B sales experience
- Strong work ethic and desire for career growth in rapidly expanding business
- Excellent written and verbal skills
Desired Skills Experience & Skills:
- Bachelors, preferably in Business or Social Sciences
- Knowledge of and experience with Michigan business markets (preferably Detroit, Lansing, Grand Rapids areas)
- Knowledge of the newest sales strategies and tactics
- Experience and knowledge in technology and security
- Strong organization skills and detail-oriented
- Passion for what we do
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Proven abilities to grow sales in new markets
- Demonstrated understanding of how to establish repeatable and defined processes for sales development
- Understanding of how to utilize marketing in support of sales activities
- Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Holidays
- Professional Development
- Health or Fitness Membership Reimbursement
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Medical Reimbursement Plan
- Retirement plan
ASK is a world-class provider of best-of-breed IT hardware, software, services, and cybersecurity solutions. Our combination of personalized customer attention, technical excellence, and project efficiency has resulted in our reputation as a leading provider of technical solutions in the Midwest. ASK’s methodology of “The Three Pillars of Technology” equips organizations to have a balanced IT and business infrastructure around managed services, disaster recovery, and cybersecurity.
The ASK staff is a team of hand-selected professionals who understand what it takes to serve our customers’ needs. We offer up-to-the-minute proficiency in the computer/IT industries, strong customer service values, and a genuine interest in working with our customers.
ASK also cares deeply for the Greater Lansing community. As one of our core values, we make it a priority to give back to the community through our time and resources. ASK Cares provides opportunities for our staff members to reach out to the larger community to invest their time, talents, and resources to make a difference in the lives of others.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : High School, Bachelors Degree, Associate Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level, Director
Job Function : Sales