This is a remote position.
Delta Dental of Michigan may be required to comply with applicable federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and orders regarding COVID-19 workplace safety protocols. This includes compliance with any applicable federal, state, or local COVID-19 vaccination, masking, social distancing, and/or other workplace safety guidance.
If and/or when such COVID-19 workplace safety laws, regulations, or orders become effective, Delta Dental of Michigan reserves the right to require all employees, as a term and condition of employment, to comply with such requirements. This may include adherence to workplace safety measures such as masking or social distancing, or to provide proof of vaccination, become vaccinated, or obtain approved medical or religious accommodation in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, or orders.
Delta Dental of Michigan, Ohio, and Indiana is a leader in dental benefits, plus so much more.
We improve oral health through benefit plans, advocacy and community support, and our corporate giving builds healthy, smart, vibrant and inclusive communities. We devote our time, talents and financial resources to improve oral and overall health, and we invest in initiatives that support youth, education, workforce and economic development.
We are a force for good--part of the reason why employees find working at Delta Dental fulfilling.
Delta Dental companies nationwide comprise the Delta Dental Plans Association, which provides coverage to more than 80 million Americans and operates two of the nation's largest networks of participating dentists.
For more, visit www.deltadentalmi.com and www.vibrantcommunities.com, and apply online at www.deltadentalmi.com/careers.
Job Summary: Sources, develops, and delivers data-driven projects prioritizing growth within government programs. These include but are not limited to; sales and marketing insights, product/service development, operations, finance, and data governance. This role leverages actionable intelligence to enhance and enrich dental products and services in-market while benchmarking critical success factors and key performance indicators as the business grows.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
1. Specializes in exploratory data analysis from various internal and external resources to build and support product and service offerings.
2. Creates meaningful, data-driven solutions to new initiatives, opportunities, and challenges.
3. Determines the approach and techniques necessary to accomplish objectives, including appropriate data selection and evaluation, analysis, testing, quality assurance, interpretation, and preparation of materials for internal and external review.
4. Prioritizes business and information needs to generate reports, dashboards, and other visualizations to fit the technical understanding of internal and external audiences.
5. Acts as the liaison between business and technology teams to identify, diagnose and resolve complex business solutions in support of Government Program business objectives.
6. Develops, reviews, and presents data to demonstrate value of Delta Dental through product innovation, unique service offerings, enhanced benefits, cost savings, and other markers important to the client and their respective programs.
7. May extract, develop, or maintain data from databases by creating new or altering existing SQL scripts and queries.
Perform other related assigned duties as necessary to complete the Primary Job Responsibilities as described above.
Position requires a bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, mathematics, business administration, or a related field and five years of experience working with both structured and unstructured data sets and/or performing data analysis in a business setting. Experience in the dental insurance industry, consulting and/or supporting product/service development preferred. Experience with Oracle-based systems and using PL/SQL, SAS and/or other querying languages to create and analyze data sets is also preferred. Experience with Python, R, HTML/CSS and understanding of TOGAF, Agile/Lean, Kimball methods, and UX also preferred. Will accept any suitable combination of education, training, or experience.
Position requires the ability to work efficiently with both structured and unstructured data sources, including identification of trends or patterns; ability to translate business needs to more technically oriented teammates and convey more technical information in business-friendly terms to non-technical stakeholder; ability to convey written and oral summaries of data analysis to clients, team members, and business leaders; ability to lead end-to-end data analysis projects; strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel; ability to analyze and resolve complex problems, use independent judgment and communicate effectively with internal and external contacts as necessary.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Related Links : https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1214201&d=TRI&r=5000838870706#/
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : ""