Chief Operating Officer
Chief Operating Officer
Job Role: Chief Operating Officer
Simtob Management & Investment is a real estate company based in Lansing, Michigan. Today, they own and manage 1,102 apartments in Lansing and Kalamazoo, Michigan. They focus on purchasing assets built between the 1970s - 2000s and improving the quality of life for their residents by investing heavily in interior and exterior renovations. We seek an experienced and forward-thinking Chief Operating Officer to lead our dynamic team and drive operational excellence through innovative software and technology solutions while reporting directly to Brad Simtob, the Managing Partner.
Company Core Values:
1. Takes Initiative to suggest and implement ideas
2. Accountable for always delivering on work promised
3. Communicate clearly and quickly
4. Solve problems creatively
5. Honest and trustworthy
Provide workforce housing for middle-class and low-income tenants.
Fill the need for safe, affordable, clean apartments in urban areas across the Midwest.
As the Chief Operating Officer, you will be the driving force behind the execution of our company's vision and strategies. Your leadership will encompass overseeing the day-to-day operations of our property management services for B and C-class apartment complexes, leading a team of talented professionals, and leveraging innovative software and technology to streamline processes and enhance efficiency.
1. Operational Leadership:
- Develop and implement operational strategies to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of our property management services for B and C-class apartment complexes.
- Oversee property maintenance, leasing, tenant relations, construction, finance, and vendor management to ensure excellent customer service and tenant satisfaction.
- Closely track our company and area’s NPS (Net Promoter Score) to ensure high resident and employee satisfaction. As issues are identified, focus on finding and implementing solutions on time.
2. Team Management and Development:
- Lead, inspire, and guide the leadership team, fostering a collaborative and results-driven culture that aligns with the company's vision and values.
- Lead the leadership team’s weekly Level 10 meeting. Focus on team members and yourself being open and vulnerable by bringing issues to the table to identify solutions.- Conduct regular performance evaluations, set performance goals, and identify opportunities for professional development within the leadership team.
- Directly manage the company’s HR department to ensure the company always has the right person in the right seat.
3. Innovative Software and Technology Implementation:- Evaluate the current technology landscape within the company and identify areas for improvement and innovation.
- Spearhead the implementation of innovative software and technology solutions to optimize property management processes, enhance customer experiences, and improve overall operational efficiency.
4. Financial Performance:
- Collaborate with the Managing Partner and finance team to develop annual budgets, financial forecasts, and strategic plans for the property management division.
- Monitor financial performance, analyze key performance indicators, and implement action plans to optimize profitability and operational efficiency. Review property management company and property level financials weekly, monthly, and quarterly.
5. Risk Management and Compliance:
- Oversee risk management efforts, including property insurance, legal compliance, and safety protocols, to protect the company's and our client's interests.
- Ensure adherence to all relevant laws, regulations, and industry standards in property management.
6. Strategic Planning:
- Collaborate with the Managing Partner and leadership team to define the company's long-term strategic direction and contribute to developing growth strategies.
- Participate in the formulation and execution of plans to expand the property management portfolio and explore new market opportunities.
7. Systems & Processes:
- Collaborate with the leadership team to develop and continually update our SOPs via process books and training software.
- Identify areas of improvement inside our SOPs. Implement new solutions to save time and money.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Real Estate, Property Management, or related fields.
- Proven track record of at least 5 years in a leadership role within the property management industry, with experience in managing B and C-class apartment complexes being highly desirable.
- Experience leading a company that has utilized the EOS business system is highly desirable.
- Strong financial acumen and experience with budgeting, financial analysis, and reporting.
- Exceptional leadership and team-building skills, with a demonstrated ability to inspire and lead high-performing teams.- Excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Strategic thinker with a results-oriented approach and the ability to make informed decisions that align with the company's objectives.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully implementing innovative software and technology solutions into property management processes.
- Familiarity with property management software platforms is advantageous.
$130,000 - $160,000 annual salary, paid weekly.
$25,000 bonus based on specific KPIs.
50% subsidized individual healthcare, dental, and vision plan after 60 days of employment.
Unlimited PTO capped at 20 days per year.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Executive